Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Make Your Election Sure


I voted!

I voted for Justice for the oppressed.  I voted for Peace.  I voted for fair Taxes.  I voted for a Future and a Hope.  Yes, I did my civic duty and cast a ballot for the candidate of my choice for the office of The President of the United States of America—the candidate I believed would come the closest to delivering those things I voted for. But even more important than the vote for President, I voted to pledge my continued allegiance to God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost, for God is the only one able to fully deliver all of the things I voted for, and then some.

The opportunity to vote for a President comes around once every four years.  But the responsibility to elect to live as a Christian is an everyday commitment.  When it comes to politics, some of us lay aside our long-held Biblical values in exchange for being “politically correct.”  And, if our candidate or party of choice does not come out on top, some of us even lay down our commitment to God and country and actively work against those in power as a form of rebellion and protest.  Whatever happened to “In God We Trust?”
Regardless of who does or does not do what they promised to do, we must continue to trust God and behave in the manner in which He has called us.  Peter admonishes us. "Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure.  For if you do these things, you will never fall." (2 Peter 1:10)

Not only do some of us Christians lay our values down when it comes to politics, some of our elected leaders do it, as well. That is one of the main reasons we need to pray for those in authority. It is often extremely difficult for them to withstand the pressure of yielding to popular opinion, especially since they owe their very offices to the populace.

Unlike politicians, we don’t owe our lives to the populace.  We owe our lives to Jesus Christ, who laid down His life for ours. And, even though the Presidential election is over, we ought to be continually campaigning for Jesus.  A woman in my congregation has committed her life to doing just that. Tune in next week for another sneak preview of The First Lady’s SHHOW! (Spirit-filled Hilarious Hour Of Worship!) which will feature an interview with Carol Harris, founder of The Campaign for Jesus Foundation.  It’s a campaign we all can join and one in which everyone is a winner!

See you next week.  Until then,

BNcouraged!

Rev. Karen

No comments: