Wednesday, July 7, 2010

PLEASE STANDBY....

Whenever the message, "PLEASE STANDBY" appears on a television screen, it indicates that something originally scheduled to happen has been delayed, usually due to a technical difficulty.

In life, sometimes our plans are abruptly interrupted and we are forced to "standby" while the ruler and maker of all carries out His plan. Sometimes, what we view as technical difficulties are actually sent or allowed to come our way to build and strengthen us. They may be sent to force us to take a Selah, or a pause, so that we can see more clearly and reflect more deeply about the gift of life and our divinely orchestrated roles in it.

Sometimes, God asks us to "PLEASE STANDBY" and watch Him move as He handles pressures and challenges He's been waiting for us to turn over to Him. Other times, we might be on "STANDBY" when we are waiting for an opportunity to obtain something important to us--something important enough to stand by in faith, expectantly waiting to receive that which we long for.

Either way, whatever "standby" mode we find ourselves in, we should be expecting a move of God, a supernatural moment in which we shift from chronos time-- like the ticking hands on a clock--and into chairos time, which is God's perfect, divine timing. Sometimes we need that shift to remind us who is ultimately in charge of every minute of every day. (Hint--it's not us)

When we remember that "our times are in His hands," we can take our hands off of the controls and simply, stand by and let God have His way....

BNcouraged!

Rev. Karen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so true, I am learning how to abide in God's time and in his way. I am learning that God's time is not my time. Believe me it get's hard because in the fleash I want things right away but I hear the Holy Spirit "REMINDING ME" that it is God's time and not my own. Queen Afi

gail said...

Wow! I found this today, Rev. Karen, "by accident" while surfing around on the Net. Actually, I know it wasn't be accident at all because it speaks to a circumstance I'm going through right now. God bless you for this Word. Because of it, I'll find it a little easier to wait and see what God has for me to do.