Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Divine Intervention

The Bible is full of stories of divine intervention, situations in which God steps in right on time and redeems situations that seemed completely impossible--Daniel in the Lion's Den; Paul and Silas in prison; Jesus' resurrection on the cross....

As people of faith, we understand that God is the one behind such interventions, not luck, as some would believe. We also understand that there is really no such thing as luck, for luck implies that there is no one behind the wheel and that things just randomly occur. On the contrary, God is always in complete control and causes or allows everything that happens.

Many of us are in need of a divine intervention in our lives to restore our finances, health, marriages, homes, jobs, or family relationships, yet we continue to put our faith in "luck" instead of God, who is a "rewarder of them that diligently seek Him."

I'm certainly not expecting "luck" to know and provide me with exactly what I need in life. I'm looking for a deliberate, supernatural, personal move of God to transform some things in my life. I wouldn't dare insult God by giving away His glory to "Lady Luck."

Our lives are not random moments strung together. God says, "I know the plans I have for you. Plans for a future and a hope." Just because we don't know God's plans for us doesn't mean that no plans exist!

Let's stop expecting our miracle to come at the end of a chain letter prayer that we are instructed to e-mail to 10 people in order to "activate" our blessing. Let's get back to learning about God's covenants, commandments and care for all of creation. Perhaps we'll find that what we sometimes consider to be "luck running out" is simply God stepping in and reminding us who is in charge.

BNcouraged!

Rev. Karen

1 comment:

Faye Bostic said...

Hi Karen,
Your message on divine intervention was very inspirational. I agree that there is no such thing as luck or lady luck. I often hear Christians say, "I was lucky" or "it was lady luck" There is nothing lucky about God. He is the author of all blessings and for that we should give Him all the honor, praise and glory. For the Christian, Lady Luck has nothing to do with us receiving our blessings. Continue to be used by God. Pray for me and my financial situation. God's blessings to you and your family. Minister Faye Bostic