Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Magnum, P.I.

Some of you may remember the old television series, Magnum, P.I. starring Tom Selleck.  Tom played the role of a private investigator, or P.I., who always got the job done, despite the challenges that came his way.

I heard someone refer to a woman as a "praise instigator" today, and my mind immediately saw the intials, "P.I." My chain reaction mind then took me, of course, to "Magnum, P.I.", hence the title of today's blog.

The word "magnum" implies greatest, maximum, strongest.  Just imagine what happens when we function as spiritual "Magnum, P.I.s" or magnum praise instigators.

That would mean we would boldly initiate praise whenever we had the chance.  It would mean that we would let nothing stop us or stand in our way when it came to praising the Lord and encouraging others to do the same.

Sometimes, the trials and tribulations of life can really start to get the best of us.  It is during those times that a Magnum P.I. reminds us to give our most excellent, maximum, strongest praise in proportion to the depth of our challenge.  Maurette Brown Clark said it best, "...and the harder it gets, the harder I praise..."

No matter how tough things got for Mr. Magnum, the viewers always knew that Magnum would be victorious in the end.  Why did we know that?  Because it was in the script!

No matter how tough things get for us on this side of glory, we can rest assure that we will be victorious in the end.  How do we know that?  Because it's in the script--the Scripture, that is!

God has already told us that we are more than conquerors through Jesus Christ and that we are overcomers.  Satan often tries to get us to forget and forfeit this truth to make us give up before we cross the finish line.

Just like Magnum always put the bad guys in their place, we also put the enemy underfoot when we become Magnum P.I.s for Jesus, even if it means giving Him a sacrifice of praise.  Remember, God inhabits the praises of His people, so the more "magnum" our praise, the more space we are creating for God to do what only He can do in our lives.

BNcouraged!

Rev. Karen

No comments: